A downloadable product automatically offers a download option after purchase.
This allows the buyer to download the purchased data package directly.
Only the necessary fields are described.
- Shop Manager -> Products -> Add New
- Selection list “Simple Product” with the options “Downloadable” and “Virtual”. Leave the other options switched off.
- Enter Product Title
- Right of the title you can upload the product image preferably with 400×300 pixels.
- Below this, be sure to specify one or more categories, as well as a few keywords for the search engines further down.
- Define price -> Entry in “Price” is sufficient as a minimum
- Select Unit -> licence (single user), licence (free use) or licence (site)
- Enter “Optional Mini Description” which will be shown in the cart
- Enter “Short Description” and “Description”
- Enter the name in the sub-item “Downloadable” below and upload the zipped file.
- Subitem “Properties” specify the language(s) and type of the product
- Subitem “YOAST SEO” is optional, but recommended
- Under “Toolset Woocommerce”, be sure to tick “Virtual” and “Downloadable”, enter the “Regular Price” again and enter a unique item number under “SKU”. The option “Sold individually” should be checked so that only one download is possible per purchase.
- Subitem “Product Policies” -> under “Policy Tab Label” -> enter “GTC” and either copy or link the GTC in the text fields below. Please note that there is a customisable sample GTC (in German) in the Buhren-Consulting shop that you can use.
- Return and cancellation conditions do not apply as digital products are delivered as soon as they are paid for. The right of return then expires.
- At the bottom there are the buttons “DRAFT” and “SUBMIT”. “DRAFT” saves the article as a draft and does not publish it yet. “SUBMIT” publishes the article directly.